Acorn & Ancestors; Community day
About the course
Join us as we gather together to process and eat acorns. We will honour the ancestors and future generations with song and craft as we celebrate the Celtic new year at Samhain.
Who is this course suitable for?
- This course is suitable for adults and accompanied children, both beginners level and those with more experience in nature connection.
The course will cover
- Acorn foraging and Oak tree lore
- Learn how to sow different tree seeds
- Nature inspired song and story, craft and food for all the family
- Create an opportunity to engage more with local community
About the tutors
Anna Richardson: Anna has been a nature mentor and trained forest school leader for over 20 years, working with children of all ages and mentoring adults in plant lore, foraging, nature connection and bushcraft. The 8 Shields deeply informs Anna’s work and approach. She is passionate about connecting to nature through creativity and reverence for life and is also a forest school trainer through Circle of Life Rediscovery and has co-authored two books : Learning with Nature and The Children’s Forest and is the founder of the Children’s Forest.
Erica Shorter: Erica has been learning and playing in nature as a Forest School Leader and Nature Connection Mentor for over 10 years. She is happiest wandering barefoot in the forest and brings a flavour of deep nature connection into her work with children and adults. She is informed and inspired by the 8 Shields and is passionate about creating spaces for people to feel deeply connected with nature and their inner landscapes.