Outlined below are the policies that relate to the three areas of Health & Safety, Privacy, and Terms & Conditions.
Who we are
Children’s Forest LTD is a company limited by guarantee, #12838111 with our registered address at 46 Upper Close, Forest Row, East Sussex, RH18 5DX
Health & Safety
The Children’s Forest Health and Safety Policy is in place to ensure sessions may be run safely, the Session Leader will ensure that that at least one appropriately qualified first aider is on-site and to establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment by:
- Establishing, maintaining and evaluating appropriate procedures, policies and risk assessments.
- Ensure the provision of sufficient information and instruction for all adults so that they can contribute to their own health and safety and that of the children and communities they are working with
- Establish all emergency procedures including the reporting and recording of procedures
- Ensure that risk assessments and pre-site visits take place before children are permitted on to the site. Risk assessments will be held safely in the Health and Safety folder.
- Ensure alternative plans are in place should a planned activity be compromised by health and safety concerns.
- Ensure that Forest School Volunteer Rangers are aware of their responsibilities towards the participants.
- Investigate any accidents and use information gathered to inform future risk assessment and policy making.
- Ensure all members of the party to maintain their own and others health and safety by involving them in the risk assessment process at appropriate opportunities
- Maintain the legal adult-child ratio.
- Ensure that safety equipment is in good working order and is used appropriately
At Children’s Forest the use of personal data (any information which identifies you, or which can be identified as relating to you personally for example, name, address, phone number, email address, NI number, date of birth) will be collected by us and only used by us. We’ll only collect the personal data that we need. With our newsletter, we do not share data and people can opt-out at any time.
No data will be passed to any third parties. Any data will be stored securely both on paper and computer.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When signing up to our newsletter via our website you will be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address and phone number.
How do we use your information?
We may use your information to contact you about our events and training. We only use your information if you have subscribed to our newsletter.
How do we protect visitor information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Third party links
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
In relation to data about you, for which we are the data controller, the GDPR requires us to inform you of the rights listed below.
- You have the right to ask us for access to and ratification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing.
- You have the right to object to processing information on the basis of Legitimate Interest.
- You have the right to data portability for the data that you provided about yourself on the basis of Consent of Contract.
- You have the right to withdraw your Consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of earlier processing.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can find more information about these rights on the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you require a copy of our Legitimate Interests Assessment (LIA) (updated May 2018) please contact us via [email protected]
This policy was updated in May 2018
We are relying on legitimate interests which means that:
- We are using a targeted and proportionate way of achieving our purpose.
- We take on extra responsibility for ensuring people’s rights and interests are fully considered and protected.
- Legitimate interests mean we use data in ways that people would reasonably expect and that have a minimal privacy impact.
- We rely on legitimate interests for marketing activities having a proportionate and minimal privacy impact, would not be likely to surprise or be objected to.
- We keep a record of our LIA (Legitimate Interest Assessment) and the outcome.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates compliance with data protection legislation and can provide you with independent and impartial advice and guidance.
Cookies are tiny text files which are stored on your computer. Cookies are useful for remembering whether you’ve visited the site before. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and remembers settings and log in information.
Cookies do not harm your computer.
- For technical purposes essential for the operation of this website
- To distinguish you from other users of this website
- To collect statistical information about how visitors use this website, so we can improve the way this website works and measure the success of campaigns
Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before completing your booking form. Once a completed booking form has been accepted by Children’s Forest LTD the persons named on the booking form will have entered a binding contract on the basis of these terms and conditions.
Agreement on the basis these terms and conditions arise upon the fulfilment of all of the following: receipt by Children’s Forest LTD of a properly completed booking form accompanied by the payment or deposit specified; clearance of the payment or deposit into the bank account.
Children’s Forest LTD reserves the right to refuse a booking, without the need to give reason. In such a circumstance, any payment accompanying the booking will be returned.
The agreement is between Children’s Forest LTD and the client(s) and is the sole agreement between these two parties.
By signing the booking form, you are entering into a contract with Children’s Forest LTD and are committing to pay course fee. Children’s Forest LTD is a Community Limited by Guarantee bound by its memorandum and articles of associations. Upon completion of the booking form (email confirmation is accepted in this case), we will confirm that your course dates are reserved for you.
Upon receiving your deposit, or full payment your booking is firm. Deposits are £100. Deposits for paying participants are non-refundable, unless otherwise stated in writing by Children’s Forest LTD . Full payment must be made a minimum of 60 days (two months) before the start date of the event, unless otherwise agreed in writing by Children’s Forest LTD .
4. Amendment or Cancellation by you
Children’s Forest LTD will endeavour to accommodate amendments to bookings, however we cannot guarantee that it will be possible. If it is not possible to make an amendment then the original booking remains a firm contract.
Cancellation of a booking or an individual place at our courses are only accepted as written notifications (email or letter). Cancellation takes effect from the date we receive your notification. If the booking is cancelled for any reason, the following cancellation charges will apply:
i. Deposits for paying participants are non-refundable
ii. Between 1-2 months prior to start date – a charge of 30% of the total booking fee will be charged.
iii. Between 1 month and 1 week’s notice – a charge of 50% of the total booking fee will be charged.
iv. Less than 1 week’s notice – full charge will be made.
5. Minimum Numbers
Amendments to bookings which take the number of participants below the minimum course number will not be accepted. Children’s Forest LTD reserve the right to cancel a programme if insufficient places have been booked and confirmed.
6. Force Majeure
We will not be liable to pay any compensation if we are forced to cancel or make changes to any aspect of the training due to circumstances beyond our control which we or our partners could not have reasonably foreseen. Such circumstances include, but are not restricted to, war or threat of war, terrorist activity, riots or civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disasters, fire, bad weather, closure of airports, ports or stations, cancellation or changes in schedules by air, land or sea carriers.
Children’s Forest LTD has full 5 million public liability insurance.
In the event that a participant(s) has a complaint, Children’s Forest LTD would appreciate that it is brought to their attention during the training(s) in order that corrective action can be taken. However, should a problem not be resolved, a complaint should be made in writing within 28 days of the Children’s Forest LTD training(s) completion date. To the extent permitted by law, Children’s Forest LTD will not be liable in respect of claims first intimated later than 28 days from the close of the relevant course.
9. Photo Consent Form
By signing the photo consent form, that person allows Children’s Forest LTD the right to use photos, videos, voice clips and quotes for publishing, funding bids, or any other need we deem necessary. Completion of the photo consent form is optional.
10. Medical Consent via booking form
By signing our booking form, you are agreeing to be responsible for your own well-being. Please advise us of medical issues or health issues prior to booking. This allows us to be sensitive to your needs. These events are attended at your own risk; by signing this agreement you are agreeing that you are responsible for your own well-being.
Course participants must expect to be involved in adventurous and sometimes strenuous activities. No previous training or experience is required but you must be of good general health. We can take no responsibility in the event of any ailment or aggravation of ailment suffered either during or after the course which arises from an undeclared injury or illness.
Children’s Forest LTD states that woodlands & other habitats are potentially dangerous places & may cause harm. Whilst we alert participant(s) to these possible dangers it is impossible to list all such hazards & dangers.
The following requires the most specific attention:
Participant(s) agree they are fully aware that there may be risks involved during a Children’s Forest LTD programme/training even under the safest conditions. Whilst we will take every effort possible to minimise risk and ensure a safe environment the participant(s) hereby agree to accept full responsibility & assume all risk(s), including those caused by acts of God, of injury, death &/or loss to his/her person &/or property, knowingly & voluntarily.
We reserve the right to exclude any participant before or after the course start, if we have not been fully advised regarding personal details/issues, and if in the opinion of the course director if his/her behaviour is incompatible with other participants. If this happens, the booker will be liable for all additional incurred or claims from third parties, and we will not be liable for compensation. So please inform us properly so that we can fully present for all the attendees.
13. Changes to this agreement
Children’s Forest LTD reserves the right to update the Terms and Conditions at any time, without notice.