Guardians of Children’s Forests
A ‘trivet’ of guardians forms the ground on which a Children’s Forest can grow.
The combined skills, resources and experience of three guardians combine to support the flourishing of the Children’s Forest – now and into the future.
We ask each guardian to make a pledge to fulfil the vision of the Children’s Forest, and we are here to support you. We understand that circumstances change, but we ask that each guardian commits to finding a replacement if they need to step out of the role.
Nature connection guardian
- Trained to work with children and communities in nature connection and woodlands
- Participated in a Children’s Forest training
- Connected to local schools and the wider community
- Desire to bring people together to celebrate and tend to our connection with nature
- Committed to providing land for seven generations
- Welcoming children and community groups to use the land
- Partnering with local ecologists to select tree species and commission surveys